From: Dan Douglas <ormaaj@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --resume says "invalid resume list".
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 13:40:51
1 On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 10:04 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 09:39:42 -0500, Dan Douglas wrote:
3 >
4 >> Is something misconfigured on my end or is this just a long-standing
5 >> bug? I at least need a way to either recover the list of packages
6 >> manually or force portage to continue on because any failure prevents
7 >> updating a system.
8 >
9 > Have you tried the --keep-going option? It causes emerge to automatically
10 > continue with what it can after a failed build.
11
12 --keep-going is in EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS so the problem is only when
13 that fails for whatever reason, --resume (with or without
14 --skip-first) always fails too. Usually a package that I already know
15 is broken and am working on but is already installed wants to be
16 rebuilt will trigger this. The problem is portage doesn't seem to care
17 whether any packages in the current resume list actually depend on the
18 failing package and this can prevent important installations from
19 finishing.