From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --resume says "invalid resume list".
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 17:32:07
1 On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 08:39:59 -0500, Dan Douglas wrote:
2
3 > >> Is something misconfigured on my end or is this just a long-standing
4 > >> bug? I at least need a way to either recover the list of packages
5 > >> manually or force portage to continue on because any failure prevents
6 > >> updating a system.
7 > >
8 > > Have you tried the --keep-going option? It causes emerge to
9 > > automatically continue with what it can after a failed build.
10 >
11 > --keep-going is in EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS so the problem is only when
12 > that fails for whatever reason, --resume (with or without
13 > --skip-first) always fails too.
14
15 That makes sense, --keep-going has already made sure that all updates
16 that are not dependant on the failing one have emerged, so there's
17 nothing left to emerge until you fix the broken package.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 Feminism: the radical notion that women are people.