From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: surface ntrig touchscreen
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2016 01:45:33
1 On Jun 5, 2016 8:20 PM, "Bill Kenworthy" <billk@×××××××××.au> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 06/06/16 04:12, James wrote:
4 > > Bill Kenworthy <billk <at> iinet.net.au> writes:
7 > >> Has anyone been able to get the surface pro ntrig touchscreen to work
8 > >> ... and if so how?
9 > >
10 > > Sorry, never tried...
11 > >
12 > >> MS recently changed from the wacom to a ntrig touchscreen (they
13 > >> apparently bought the company!) for the latest pro models. The kernel
14 > >> guys have a surface3_spi module being worked on which I have patched
15 > >> into 4.6.1 ... but neither dmesg or lspci still shows a ntrig device.
16 > >
17 > > 'lshw' or other hardware scanning tools might show something.
20 > > Also install sys-apps/hwids to the latest version and see if that
21 > > hardware shows up.
22 > >
23 > > hth,
24 > > James
28 > Unfortunately no ... the first device is 8086:9d3a which shows up, but
29 > the touchscreen at 8086:9d3e dosent. The problem is that the detection
30 > code does not enumerate secondary devices - there was a patch against
31 > the spi bus in the kernel a few versions back, but it wont apply to
32 > 4.6.1. This is the likely problem but the code is very opaque :(
33 >
34 > I'll try and manually add an appropriate stanza in tonight.
35 >
36 > BillK
39 Please post your results. I am able to help. I'm also interested in knowing
40 if you do it properly.