From: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: surface ntrig touchscreen
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2016 01:19:12
1 On 06/06/16 04:12, James wrote:
2 > Bill Kenworthy <billk <at> iinet.net.au> writes:
5 >> Has anyone been able to get the surface pro ntrig touchscreen to work
6 >> ... and if so how?
7 >
8 > Sorry, never tried...
9 >
10 >> MS recently changed from the wacom to a ntrig touchscreen (they
11 >> apparently bought the company!) for the latest pro models. The kernel
12 >> guys have a surface3_spi module being worked on which I have patched
13 >> into 4.6.1 ... but neither dmesg or lspci still shows a ntrig device.
14 >
15 > 'lshw' or other hardware scanning tools might show something.
18 > Also install sys-apps/hwids to the latest version and see if that
19 > hardware shows up.
20 >
21 > hth,
22 > James
26 Unfortunately no ... the first device is 8086:9d3a which shows up, but
27 the touchscreen at 8086:9d3e dosent. The problem is that the detection
28 code does not enumerate secondary devices - there was a patch against
29 the spi bus in the kernel a few versions back, but it wont apply to
30 4.6.1. This is the likely problem but the code is very opaque :(
31
32 I'll try and manually add an appropriate stanza in tonight.
33
34 BillK