From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg crashes
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 18:30:27
1 On Tuesday 05 April 2011 16:58:39 Mike Bean wrote:
2 > Not sure what's going on, hopefully it's a configuration mistake of some
3 > kind. Sometimes it crashes, sometimes it's intermittent. My xlog is at
4 > http://pastebin.com/9jsJE8mw
5 > Not really sure how to debug it, all advice is appreciated
6
7 With the 2.6.36-gentoo-r8 kernel I would suggest that you configure KMS as
8 explained here:
9
10 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/xorg-config.xml
11
12 it is likely that you would not need x11-drivers/xf86-input-keyboard or mouse
13 drivers and that evdev will serve both devices. In that case the crash that
14 seems to happen after the mouse is being set up may go away.
15 --
16 Regards,
17 Mick