From: Mike Bean <beandaemon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg crashes
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 18:57:27
1 I thought it might be a driver issue - not sure what's going on. Trying to
2 find a known good virtualbox .conf file so I can compare.
3
4 Section "InputDevice"
5 Indentifier "Mouse0"
6 Driver "evdev"
7 Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
8 Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
9 Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
10
11 Mike Bean
12
13 On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 12:28 PM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
14
15 > On Tuesday 05 April 2011 16:58:39 Mike Bean wrote:
16 > > Not sure what's going on, hopefully it's a configuration mistake of some
17 > > kind. Sometimes it crashes, sometimes it's intermittent. My xlog is at
18 > > http://pastebin.com/9jsJE8mw
19 > > Not really sure how to debug it, all advice is appreciated
20 >
21 > With the 2.6.36-gentoo-r8 kernel I would suggest that you configure KMS as
22 > explained here:
23 >
24 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/xorg-config.xml
25 >
26 > it is likely that you would not need x11-drivers/xf86-input-keyboard or
27 > mouse
28 > drivers and that evdev will serve both devices. In that case the crash
29 > that
30 > seems to happen after the mouse is being set up may go away.
31 > --
32 > Regards,
33 > Mick
34 >