From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Mystery network traffic
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 11:17:37
1 >>I was watching cbm on one of my machines and it showed a lot more
2 >>traffic going in and out over lo than over both of the two real
3 >>interfaces. Is that normal? One of those two real interfaces is
4 >>completely unused and shows zeros in cbm all the time.
5 >>
6 >>- Grant
7 >
8 > Yes, I would consider this normal.
9 >
10 > What is running on that machine?
11 >
12 > 'lo' is used for all traffic between localhost and localhost.
13 >
14 > IOW, all internal communications, like apache talking to the database if both running on the same host.
15 > Or postfix to amavis to postfix before mail gets delivered.
18 I had no idea. Thank you Joost.
19
20 - Grant