From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Prelink on a already fast system
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 19:07:13
1 Dale wrote:
2 >
3 > Well, what got me once was the trip a package took. I ordered
4 > something, can't remember what it was now but anyway, it left Memphis,
5 > went to Atlanta and sat there a day or two, then went to some place in
6 > Kentucky and sat there for a day or two. Then it went back to Memphis
7 > where it sat for a couple days and then they dropped it off at the
8 > post office to be delivered. DHL was the one that did all the running
9 > around the country.
10 >
11 > Needless to say, I wrote newegg a little note about all that. They
12 > refunded the shipping, which I wasn't worried about, and said she was
13 > going to talk to the higher ups since they are getting a lot of
14 > similar complaints. I notice that their only options now are UPS and
15 > such. I don't see the so called "egg saver" anymore.
16 >
17 > That package took over a week for me to get. As I explained in my
18 > note to newegg, I could have rode a bicycle to Memphis, got the
19 > package and rode the bike back faster than the shipping company could
20 > get it here or even just get it back to Memphis to drop it off at the
21 > post office.
22 >
23 > The funny part, once it was taken to the post office, I got it the
24 > next day. So much for snail mail. They should have shipped it with
25 > them to begin with. lol
26 >
27 > At least we know now why they went belly up. Let's not mention the
28 > part from Sears that I had to drive 40 miles one way to get. They
29 > delivered it to some ladies house. She found me in the phone book. I
30 > guess DHL doesn't have a phone book. :-@ There is only two people
31 > around here with my last name. The other is my brother. He knows
32 > where I live too. ;-)
33 >
34 > Dale
35 >
36 > :-) :-)
39 I have a correction here. It appears "egg saver" is still alive. It
40 also appears that DHL is still alive as well. I saw on the news where
41 they closed down here in the USA but I guess it was just one of their
42 big centers or something. Anyway, my 8Gb kit is coming from California
43 in route to Mississippi so this may take a while. Given their record, I
44 just hope it gets here at all. o_O
45
46 My 4Gb stick will be here tomorrow. I also decided not to do the
47 prelink thing. Sounds like it would just be something else to keep up
48 to date with little gain if any gain at all.
49
50 Dale
51