From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Prelink on a already fast system
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 17:38:58
1 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 9:39 AM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Well, turned out my ram is coming from NJ instead of Memphis. May take a
5 >> extra day or so. It did ship this morning tho. I plan to max out at 16Gbs
6 >> and put portage on tmpfs. That should be big enough even to compile OOo
7 >> then.
8 >>
9 > I live "one-day UPS ground" time from Memphis (I can drive there in
10 > about 4 1/2 hours). It's always a sad moment when I see my order
11 > status from Newegg and that it is not shipping from Memphis, but
12 > California or NJ...
17 Well, what got me once was the trip a package took. I ordered
18 something, can't remember what it was now but anyway, it left Memphis,
19 went to Atlanta and sat there a day or two, then went to some place in
20 Kentucky and sat there for a day or two. Then it went back to Memphis
21 where it sat for a couple days and then they dropped it off at the post
22 office to be delivered. DHL was the one that did all the running around
23 the country.
24
25 Needless to say, I wrote newegg a little note about all that. They
26 refunded the shipping, which I wasn't worried about, and said she was
27 going to talk to the higher ups since they are getting a lot of similar
28 complaints. I notice that their only options now are UPS and such. I
29 don't see the so called "egg saver" anymore.
30
31 That package took over a week for me to get. As I explained in my note
32 to newegg, I could have rode a bicycle to Memphis, got the package and
33 rode the bike back faster than the shipping company could get it here or
34 even just get it back to Memphis to drop it off at the post office.
35
36 The funny part, once it was taken to the post office, I got it the next
37 day. So much for snail mail. They should have shipped it with them to
38 begin with. lol
39
40 At least we know now why they went belly up. Let's not mention the part
41 from Sears that I had to drive 40 miles one way to get. They delivered
42 it to some ladies house. She found me in the phone book. I guess DHL
43 doesn't have a phone book. :-@ There is only two people around here
44 with my last name. The other is my brother. He knows where I live
45 too. ;-)
46
47 Dale
48