From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "dev" packages
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 21:07:18
1 On Monday 30 January 2006 19:16, Tom Smith wrote:
2 > I'm working on an install of Xen 3.0 (manual install, not from Portage)
3 > and trying to locate its listed prerequisites. I'm having trouble
4 > locating two of them:
5 >
6 > "zlib-dev"
7 > "python-dev"
8
9 that is only relevant for binary (rpm) distros, which do not install header
10 files per default (which is pretty sick and perverted).
11
12 With gentoo, everything is installed, so you don't need to install 'dev'
13 packages. If you have zlib and python (and you havwe zlib and python, or
14 you'd not be able to install gentoo at all), everything is fine.
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list