From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: System unusable after updating lvm
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 08:46:38
1 Christer Ekholm wrote:
2 > lgouv@×××××.be writes:
3 >
4 >> After updating lvm2 from 2.02.02 to 2.02.03, the system mount / which
5 >> is on a primary partition but frefus to mount /usr,/var,/home and /tmp.
6 >> On the console I see:
7 >> Setting up the logical volume manager
8 >> Volume group for uuid not found: m6reV.........(four times)
9 >> Any idea?
10 >
11 > Happened to me too. I had to boot from livecd to copy lvm and some
12 > libs to get it up again. (I used ldd lvm to see which libs i needed
13 > also).
14
15 Hm, did yo note the following warning?
16
17 WARN: postinst
18 An old version of an installed library was detected on your system.
19 In order to avoid breaking packages that link against it, this older version
20 is not being removed. In order to make full use of this newer version,
21 you will need to execute the following command:
22 revdep-rebuild --library libdevmapper.so.1.01
23
24 After doing that, you can safely remove /lib/libdevmapper.so.1.01
25 Note: 'emerge gentoolkit' to get revdep-rebuild
26
27 Alexander Skwar
28 --
29 Remember, there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over.
30 - Frank Zappa
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list