From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: System unusable after updating lvm
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 10:26:44
1 On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 10:41:09 +0200, Alexander Skwar wrote:
2
3 > WARN: postinst
4 > An old version of an installed library was detected on your system.
5 > In order to avoid breaking packages that link against it, this older
6 > version is not being removed. In order to make full use of this newer
7 > version, you will need to execute the following command:
8 > revdep-rebuild --library libdevmapper.so.1.01
9
10 I didn't get this warning, because I have version 1.02 of this library,
11 but I still ended up with a broken system. My root partition was fine
12 (Thank $DEITY I tried this on my laptop first) so I could untar the
13 package from the previous version (the ebuild had been removed from
14 portage). I got lots of errors about UUIDs with the new version.
15
16 There's now a further update to lvm2 and device-mapper in portage, so I'll
17 see what happens this time.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 Become a computer programmer and never see the the world.