From: Jason Weisberger <jbdubbs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Random reboots. Where to start?
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 17:54:03
1 I actually have 4 gigs of gskill DDR 3 1600 and from experience I can tell
2 you that the stock voltage on those chips is set too low. The company
3 actually recommends that you use 1.9 volts while most motherboards will
4 default to 1.5 or 1.6. Double check this however, because I know they were
5 working on some JEDEC compliant DDR 3 (standard voltage of 1.5) a while back
6 but I'm not certain if they just decided to throw in the towel on that
7 effort. My system would crash using 1.5 but wouldn't produce any errors on
8 memtest86+. This all just sounds too familiar.