From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Can't boot Compaq Proliant 1600
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 16:12:58
1 Hello list,
2
3 I am struggling with an old Compaq Proliant 1600 for a while. It boots
4 perfectly using the Minimal Install CD, and all the install process
5 goes well. When its time to boot its own kernel, GRUB loads the files,
6 goes to the message "OK, booting the kernel." and just hangs there. I
7 used genkernel to compile the kernel. I'm now trying to compile it
8 manually to see if it will work.
9
10 Please note that this particular machine has no SMART-2 Array
11 controller, so the disks are seen as common SCSI devices (sda and
12 sdb), currently I'm installing the whole system at sda, leaving "b"
13 untouched for backup purposes when I get this beast up and running.
14
15 Anyone has any experience booting one of these machines?
18 Daniel da Veiga
19 --
20 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list