From: Kevin <koquinn@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Net / dhcp (miss)behaviour
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 18:28:18
1 On Jan 18, 2008 12:17 PM, Marko Kocić <marko.kocic@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > > I never used cable modem and don't know how it connects to the PC, so I
4 > > might be saying something completely wrong here,
5 >
6 > Regular network cable going directly from cable modem to laptop.
7 >
8 > > but can't you sniff the
9 > > traffic directly from the laptop by capturing packets on the interface
10 > > connected to the cable modem?
11 >
12 > I can do that when interface is up is up and running.
13 > But it is /etc/init.d/net.eth0 that is failing because of dhcp error.
14 >
15 > What should I use? Ethereal? What should I look for?
16 > --
17 > gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
21 You can try Ethereal (which now goes by wireshark). Question, when it
22 fails have you logged in and done a /etc/init.d/net stop / start? Just
23 curious if it will "force" itself up.