From: "Marko Kocić" <marko.kocic@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Net / dhcp (miss)behaviour
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 18:17:44
1 > I never used cable modem and don't know how it connects to the PC, so I
2 > might be saying something completely wrong here,
3
4 Regular network cable going directly from cable modem to laptop.
5
6 > but can't you sniff the
7 > traffic directly from the laptop by capturing packets on the interface
8 > connected to the cable modem?
9
10 I can do that when interface is up is up and running.
11 But it is /etc/init.d/net.eth0 that is failing because of dhcp error.
12
13 What should I use? Ethereal? What should I look for?
14 --
15 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list