From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Horrible English
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 21:33:13
1 On Fri, 12 May 2017 18:15:05 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > >> Causes no end of confusion when the firewall admin replies to a
4 > >> ticket saying he'll do it and revert.
5 > >
6 > > I'd be complaining about someone like that the whole time.
7 > > "Why the *beep* will you revert all changes before we can even test
8 > > them? You *beeeeeep*"
9 >
10 > True story:
11 >
12 > I used to do exactly that, then got into horrible trouble with HR, and
13 > disciplinary hearing and $DEITY knows what else.
14 >
15 > Turned out one of the fellows I called a *beeeeeep* was the CEO of our
16 > subsidiary in Ghana
17
18 Couldn't you simply explain that, as with revert, *beeeeeep* now has an
19 alternative, non-offensive meaning ;-)
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 THE BORG: Calm, Cool and Collective...