From: Maarten <gentoo@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel 2.6 upgrade howto
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 17:33:00
1 On Tuesday 07 December 2004 18:01, Maarten wrote:
2
3 > I'm almost ready to reboot to 2.6.9 but a little (but potential
4 > showstopper-) problem showed up. I have two wired NICs, both of them
5 > 3Com575TX. (not a typo, it is a different card than the 3C574 or 3C589
6 > cards) (Cardbus, 100TX) I know that I need(ed) the 3c575_cb module for it
7 > under 2.4. The thing is, that came with pcmcia-cs, not with the kernel.
8 > This new kernel has the pcmcia built-in but it seems this driver was
9 > deprecated; it just isn't there. Now chances are it is merged into
10 > something else, but not knowing gives me the creeps. No network -> no
11 > nothing. No emerge that is. No emerge no fixing. And I have no other brand
12 > laying around (except for wireless but that's not proven to work yet)
13 > Anyone know what happened to this infamous 3C575 driver ?
14 > A grep for 575 in Documentation/* (including Changes) yields nothing at
15 > all. The same in .config by the way.
16
17 Never mind that. I've found the explanation, so the solution can't be far
18 off. It seems all cardbus is hence handled by the PCI driver / bus, thus the
19 3C59x driver. I suppose however that I need to reconfigure the kernel for
20 PCI hotplug support so that'll be for tomorrow...
21 ...gotta catch up some sleep now.
22
23 Maarten
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list