From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [NOT SOLVED] Re: [gentoo-user] Sound not sounding
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2022 11:12:31
1 On Friday, 25 March 2022 16:47:22 GMT Jack wrote:
2 > On 2022.03.25 12:16, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3
4 > Have you also tried using a different browser?
5
6 Yes. Konqueror behaves the same way. I had the site open in FF just now, but
7 not playing, and I hadn't restarted PA. Then I opened the same site in
8 Konqueror. No sound yet. Then I restarted PA and Konqueror's sound came to
9 life. I shut Konqueror down and started FF streaming. I heard it straight
10 away.
11
12 Next, abandoning Konqueror, I removed ~/.mozilla and started a new session.
13 Without doing anything to FF I tried streaming again. Silence.
14
15 So it isn't any of the plugins I have in FF.
16
17 I haven't mentioned it before, but whenever I restart PA I get a plain window
18 announcing something like "Audio Adapter Y247A. Analog audio". It only exists
19 for a second or so and I haven't been able to capture it in a screen shot. It
20 isn't a standard KDE window, or at least it has no colours or window
21 decorations.
24 Regards,
25 Peter.