From: Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] best cflags and cpu for gentoo qemu virtual machine
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 08:49:17
1 On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 9:13 PM, Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>wrote:
2
3 > On 07/16/2011 09:54 AM, Kfir Lavi wrote:
4 > > Hi,
5 > > I'm creating a router based on Gentoo, that needs to run as a vm using
6 > > qemu.
7 > > The mother machine will be Core I7 4 cores.
8 > > What cpu and CFLAGS should I use to get the best performance out of this
9 > vm?
10 > >
11 > > Thanks,
12 > > Kfir
13 >
14 > CFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe" enables everything safe these days.
15 >
16 > Hi,
17 I think -march=native is a problem, as it will compile for my cpu.
18 Qemu has different CPU, and i would like to compile my code to suit the vm
19 environment
20 as close as possible.
21
22 Kfir