From: dong l <vabc3h@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] best cflags and cpu for gentoo qemu virtual machine
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 09:25:43
1 qemu has an option `*qemu* -*cpu host` that will use the host cpu features*
2
3 2011/7/17 Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com>
7 > On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 9:13 PM, Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>wrote:
8 >
9 >> On 07/16/2011 09:54 AM, Kfir Lavi wrote:
10 >> > Hi,
11 >> > I'm creating a router based on Gentoo, that needs to run as a vm using
12 >> > qemu.
13 >> > The mother machine will be Core I7 4 cores.
14 >> > What cpu and CFLAGS should I use to get the best performance out of this
15 >> vm?
16 >> >
17 >> > Thanks,
18 >> > Kfir
19 >>
20 >> CFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe" enables everything safe these days.
21 >>
22 >> Hi,
23 > I think -march=native is a problem, as it will compile for my cpu.
24 > Qemu has different CPU, and i would like to compile my code to suit the vm
25 > environment
26 > as close as possible.
27 >
28 > Kfir