From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Where to get qmake for qt3?
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 20:12:53
1 Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2010-07-01, Nils Larsson<ni1s@×××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >>> Where do I find qmake 3?
5 >>>
6 >> I assume qt3 and whatever deps. it needs are available through the
7 >> kde-sunset overlay.
8 >>
9 > Two questions:
10 >
11 > 1) What do the qt3support use flag and the qt-qt3support package do?
12 > I had assumed that they enabled qt3 support, but apparently not?
15 > 2) Is there any documentation on how to use Qt3 from the kde-sunset
16 > overlay? The only thing I could find was on how to use KDE 3.5
17 > instead of KDE 4.
18 >
19 > I'm not interested in KDE, and I want to keep the normal Qt4
20 > install -- I just have a single Qt3 (not KDE) app that I need to
21 > build from sources.
25 You don't have to install KDE to get qt3. Just add the kde-sunset
26 overlay then emerge qt3 or whatever you do need. Then you can use the
27 other package that needs qt3.
28
29 Just keep in mind, qt3 may not always be there. KDE3 is there for the
30 folks that just can't use KDE4, either missing options or just older
31 hardware.
32
33 Dale
34