From: Martin Vaeth <martin@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Recommendations for scheduler
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 22:06:59
1 J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >>https://github.com/vaeth/schedule/
3 >
4 > What are the features it currently has already
5
6 This is hard to answer, since at a first glance the whole thing
7 does not even look like a scheduler: It looks more like a means to
8 communicate with some server, but after the discussions in the
9 gentoo forums, it became clear to my surprise that this is all
10 what is needed for the use cases I had in mind:
11 The "real" scheduler driving the whole thing can be a tiny script
12 (in shell or any other language) which just communicates with
13 that server.
14
15 To understand whether this can solve your problems, it is
16 probably best if you look at the examples in the README
17 (and/or the mentioned discussion in the gentoo forum).
18
19 > and what are you planning on adding?
20
21 Since it is sufficient for my purposes, I am currently not
22 planning to add anything (except possibly bug fixes or if I run
23 into a problem which I cannot solve with it).
24 Patches for extensions are welcome, of course.
25 (Also suggestions without patches are welcome, but my time is
26 currently very limited, and I do not make any promises.)