From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Recommendations for scheduler
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 21:22:16
1 On 1 August 2014 23:02:11 CEST, Martin Vaeth <martin@×××××.de> wrote:
2 >Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> But cron has only one event trigger: wall-clock time. And it's a very
5 >> blunt weapon. I'm looking for recommendations of alternative
6 >schedulers
7 >> that satisfy real-world business needs that need some other event
8 >> trigger than what the time is right now.
9 >
10 >I had a similar need recently, and since the discussion in
11 >
12 >https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-992780-highlight-.html
13 >
14 >had led to nothing satisfactory for me, I have written a
15 >scheduler tool which serves my needs
16 >(which might very well differ from yours...):
17 >
18 >The corresponding tool is still in beta testing phase:
19 >https://github.com/vaeth/schedule/
20 >
21 >You can install it from the mv overlay (available over layman).
22
23 Going to have a look at this soon.
24
25 What are the features it currently has already and what are you planning on adding?
28 Joost
29 --
30 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.