From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Emerge --resume
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 02:08:18
1 On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 20:56 -0500, AJ Spagnoletti wrote:
2 > I am in the process of upgrading GCC and currently am doing emerge -e
3 > world I have about 70 packages left to be rebuilt and I got curious.
4 > Will emerge --resume work and pick up with the 70 or so packages left
5 > to be rebuilt if the system is shutdown or will emerge --resume only
6 > pick up an emerge if the system is not shutdown? Thanks in advance for
7 > replies.
8 >
9 > A.J.
10
11 Earlier this afternoon I had to restart a machine that was doing just
12 what you described. I was able to emerge --resume successfully.
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list