From: "Brett I. Holcomb" <brettholcomb@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Emerge --resume
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 02:29:33
1 As long as you don't do another merge between the first one and the
2 resumed one it should remember.
3
4 On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Michael Sullivan wrote:
5
6 > On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 20:56 -0500, AJ Spagnoletti wrote:
7 >> I am in the process of upgrading GCC and currently am doing emerge -e
8 >> world I have about 70 packages left to be rebuilt and I got curious.
9 >> Will emerge --resume work and pick up with the 70 or so packages left
10 >> to be rebuilt if the system is shutdown or will emerge --resume only
11 >> pick up an emerge if the system is not shutdown? Thanks in advance for
12 >> replies.
13 >>
14 >> A.J.
15 >
16 > Earlier this afternoon I had to restart a machine that was doing just
17 > what you described. I was able to emerge --resume successfully.
23 Brett I. Holcomb
24 brettholcomb@×××××××××××××.net
25 Registered Linux User #188143
26 Remove R777 to email