From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 4.2.1 : the undead has been killed
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 19:37:14
1 On Monday 13 April 2009 20:49:44 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 090413 Philip Webb wrote:
3 > > I've found out how to fix it: something is starting Plasma,
4 > > so Htop to the rescue ! -- kill Plasma & the hideous mask is removed
5 > > -- it appears at the very end of the KDE start-up process --
6 > > & the handsome KDE 3 desktop backgrounds reappear
7 > > together with the desktop menus called up by mouse clicks.
8 >
9 > I didn't find out what was starting Plasma, but I fixed it :
10 > 'cd /usr/bin; mv plasma plasma-aside'. back to normal !
11 > (clutches garlic, crucifix, incense ... )
12
13 Why invoke the supernatural when common logic is so superior?
14
15 emerge -C plasma
16 emerge --depclean
19 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com