From: "Arthur D." <spinal.by@××××.ru>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Am I wrong?..
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 15:58:48
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> ïèñàë(à) â ñâî¸ì ïèñüìå Thu, 01 Oct
2 2009 18:45:20 +0300:
3
4 >> My quests leaded me to the ebuild
5 >> of sudo. And I saw this nice shiny line there:
6 >> --with-editor=/bin/nano
7 >
8 >> P.S. Having defaults is not bad. But they should not override our
9 >> favourites.
10 >
11 > What you you think that line in the ebuild does? It changes the *default*
12 > editor for visudo. If you want something else, all you need to do is set
13 > your system up accordingly as described in the installation instructions
14 > of the handbook.
15 >
16 > PS Good luck getting anything changed to suit your demands with your
17 > attitude. You don't pay the devs enough for them to put up with that.
18
19 OK. One more time.
20 1. emerge -C nano
21 2. emerge vim
22 3. export EDITOR=`which vim`
23 4. Or do eselect editor -> env-update ; or edit /etc/rc.conf -> env-update
24 5. Reemerge sudo if you wish (it will not change anything)
25 6. Relogin
26 7. Run "sudo visudo"
27 You get this:
28 visudo: no editor found (editor path = /bin/nano)
31 Best regards, Spinal