From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Does this drive need a funeral?
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 14:10:14
1 On Wed, 2 Nov 2011 10:02:03 -0400, Michael Mol wrote:
2
3 > > I think that means you have a nice new door stop.  My first drive to
4 > > ever fail that I recall.  I still say windoze screwed up my drive.
5 > >  It lasted about 3 days in the windoze rig.
6 >
7 > It may also be that the Windows rig's PSU is unhealthy.
8
9 Or even the mains supply to that PSU if it is in a different location. I
10 had a lot of hardware failures after moving house, including several
11 expensive SCSI drives. They stopped after I bought a UPS.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Pedestrians come in two types: Quick or Dead.