From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Does this drive need a funeral?
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 15:30:53
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2 Nov 2011 10:02:03 -0400, Michael Mol wrote:
3 >
4 >>> I think that means you have a nice new door stop. My first drive to
5 >>> ever fail that I recall. I still say windoze screwed up my drive.
6 >>> It lasted about 3 days in the windoze rig.
7 >> It may also be that the Windows rig's PSU is unhealthy.
8 > Or even the mains supply to that PSU if it is in a different location. I
9 > had a lot of hardware failures after moving house, including several
10 > expensive SCSI drives. They stopped after I bought a UPS.
14 Well, his rig does start up strange. You have to push and HOLD the
15 power button to get it to stay on. If you just push it like normal, it
16 goes back off again. Sort of gets on my nerves but I don't know if it
17 is a mobo or power supply issue. Could even be something else too.
18
19 Hmmmmm.
20
21 Dale