From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cause jdk1.5 emerge tomcat error!
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 05:17:58
1 On Saturday 13 May 2006 21:56, "wu chuanwen" <wcw8410@×××××.com> wrote
2 about 'Re: [gentoo-user] cause jdk1.5 emerge tomcat error!':
3 > 2006/5/13, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <bss03@××××××××××.net>:
4 > > On Saturday 13 May 2006 03:19, "wu chuanwen" <wcw8410@×××××.com> wrote
5 > > > You mean re-emerge sun-jdk1.4?
6 > > You will have to have /a/ 1.4 javac, not necessarily Sun's.
7 > Can i just change the 1.5 javac to the 1.4 one?I have never try to do
8 > this. Can it work?
9
10 Sure, you can emerge -C jdk 1.5 AND emerge jdk 1.4, but wouldn't it be
11 easier to just emerge jdk 1.4 and use the java-config tool provided by
12 Gentoo to change your system jdk?
13
14 > > > Is
15 > > > there any other ways?
16 > > Sure, write and apply a patch to tomcat that removes all uses of enum
17 > > as an identifier.
18 > It needs a lot of work!
19
20 That was my point. I already TOLD you the easy way.
21
22 > !!! jmx-1_2_1-scsl.zip not found in /usr/portage/distfiles
23 > !!! dev-java/sun-jmx-1.2.1-r1 has fetch restriction turned on.
24
25 > There are several packages having the same information just as above.
26 > Is there anybody else having ever install tomcat? Do you have the
27 > same situation as me?
28
29 Yes, there are a number of packages in the tree with fetch restriction
30 turned on. Due to non-free licenses AND annoying download policies this
31 software may not be downloaded automatically or put on any Gentoo mirror.
32
33 Gentoo has a choice: do not provide these packages AT ALL, or require you
34 do manually download them. Aren't you glad they chose the former?
37 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
38 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
39 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
40 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh