From: wu chuanwen <wcw8410@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cause jdk1.5 emerge tomcat error!
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 03:13:39
1 2006/5/13, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <bss03@××××××××××.net>:
2 > On Saturday 13 May 2006 03:19, "wu chuanwen" <wcw8410@×××××.com> wrote
3
4 > > You mean re-emerge sun-jdk1.4?
5 >
6 > You will have to have /a/ 1.4 javac, not necessarily Sun's.
7 Can i just change the 1.5 javac to the 1.4 one?I have never try to do this.
8 Can it work?
9 >
10 > > Is
11 > > there any other ways?
12 >
13 > Sure, write and apply a patch to tomcat that removes all uses of enum as an
14 > identifier.
15 It needs a lot of work!
16 Besides there is many packages behind of which tomcat dependens on.I
17 can't be sure all of them can be compile by jdk1.5.
18
19 Besides,install tomcat is a painful thing.You know,you have to
20 download many packages manually and still there are other problems.For
21 example:
22
23 !!! jmx-1_2_1-scsl.zip not found in /usr/portage/distfiles
24
25 !!! dev-java/sun-jmx-1.2.1-r1 has fetch restriction turned on.
26 !!! This probably means that this ebuild's files must be downloaded
27 !!! manually. See the comments in the ebuild for more information.
28
29 *
30 * Due to license restrictions, we cannot fetch the
31 * distributables automagically.
32 *
33 * 1. Visit http://wwws.sun.com/software/communitysource/jmx/download.html
34 and follow instructions
35 * 2. Download jmx-1_2_1-scsl.zip
36 * 3. Move file to /usr/portage/distfiles
37 * 4. Run emerge on this package again to complete
38 *
39
40 There are several packages having the same information just as above.
41 Is there anybody else having ever install tomcat? Do you have the
42 same situation as me?
46 wcw
49 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list