From: Daniel Hilst Selli <danielhilst@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Alsa boot error
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 03:32:11
1 Em 19-07-2011 14:29, ny6p01@×××××.com escreveu:
2 > On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 01:32:28PM -0300, Daniel Hilst Selli wrote:
3 >> Hey people, I'm get an permission denied when trying to start as
4 >> /etc/inid.d/alsasound
5 >>
6 >> here is the error:
7 >> http://pastebin.com/F6bedM2p
8 >>
9 >> My sound works fine, but alsa isn't restoring my configs.. so I need to
10 >> open alsamixer and unmute some channels after every book
11 >>
12 >> Any idea?
13 >>
14 >> Thanks in advance!
15 >> --
16 >> "Do or do not... there is no try" Yoda Master
17 >>
18 > Sounds like someone forgot to read the Alsa Guide here:
19 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/alsa-guide.xml. If they had, they'd have read:
20 >
21 > Audio Group
22 >
23 > Before we move on to testing, there's one last important thing that needs to
24 > be setup. Rule of thumb in a *nix OS: Do not run as root unless needed. This
25 > applies here as well ;) How? Well, most of the times you should be logged in
26 > as a user and would like to listen to music or access your soundcard. For
27 > that to happen, you need to be in the "audio" group. At this point, we'll
28 > add users to the audio group, so that they won't have any issues when they
29 > want to access sound devices. We'll use gpasswd here and you need to be
30 > logged in as root for this to work.
31 >
32 > Code Listing 3.4: Adding users to the audio group
33 >
34 > (Substitute<username> with your user)
35 > # gpasswd -a<username> audio
36 > Adding user<username> to group audio
37 >
38 > ...
39 >
40 > ;)
41 >
42 > Terry
43 >
44 Well, I was already on audio group and I read the alsa guide before
45 post here. I check my kernel configuration and every thing is fine.. I
46 think was something sporadic, as it restores fine now..
47
48 I ran alsaconf, then alsactl store and add the alsasound to boot, check
49 my kernel .config and reboot.. Now it restores fine
50
51 Thanks :-)
54 "Do or do not... there is no try" Yoda Master