From: ny6p01@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Alsa boot error
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 17:31:08
1 On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 01:32:28PM -0300, Daniel Hilst Selli wrote:
2 > Hey people, I'm get an permission denied when trying to start as
3 > /etc/inid.d/alsasound
4 >
5 > here is the error:
6 > http://pastebin.com/F6bedM2p
7 >
8 > My sound works fine, but alsa isn't restoring my configs.. so I need to
9 > open alsamixer and unmute some channels after every book
10 >
11 > Any idea?
12 >
13 > Thanks in advance!
14 > --
15 > "Do or do not... there is no try" Yoda Master
18 Sounds like someone forgot to read the Alsa Guide here:
19 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/alsa-guide.xml. If they had, they'd have read:
20
21 Audio Group
22
23 Before we move on to testing, there's one last important thing that needs to
24 be setup. Rule of thumb in a *nix OS: Do not run as root unless needed. This
25 applies here as well ;) How? Well, most of the times you should be logged in
26 as a user and would like to listen to music or access your soundcard. For
27 that to happen, you need to be in the "audio" group. At this point, we'll
28 add users to the audio group, so that they won't have any issues when they
29 want to access sound devices. We'll use gpasswd here and you need to be
30 logged in as root for this to work.
31
32 Code Listing 3.4: Adding users to the audio group
33
34 (Substitute <username> with your user)
35 # gpasswd -a <username> audio
36 Adding user <username> to group audio
37
38 ...
39
40 ;)