From: Al <oss.elmar@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoos community communication rant
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 17:33:37
1 Hi Alan,
2
3 > You are self-confessed new to Linux and Volker already spotted by are likely
4
5 I am self-confessed new to Gentoo, but I use Linux for over 10 years
6 as my main OS. Still I don't have all the insight, what is going on
7 under the hood.
8
9 > new to Linux as well. You are not (yet) part of this community for real, and
10 > you have no street cred in this meritocracy. What you need to do now is
11 >
12 > I've been here for 4 years. I'm one of the conceited loud-mouths and I still
13 > get myself regularly bitch-slapped by people who are just as good as I am.
14 > From that position, I actually feel quite personally offended by your
15 > attitude. I've earned some of my attitude stripes. You have yet to begin.
16
17 I am not interested to offend you and I really don't want to discredet
18 your merits. However, I think you should not take it personally when I
19 express my opinion, that advertising a mailinglist only has it's
20 influence to the discussion. How is that related to your merits?
21
22 Then when you think a loud-mouth yourself, you shouldn't that quickly
23 be offended. Right? We can all learn something from outsiders. If you
24 take me more or less seriously, is not that import for me as I haven't
25 4 years of merit on this list. I take you seriously. I know what I
26 can. I know what I contribute and contributed in other communities.
27
28 Be calling the thread a rand I show that I am not taking the whole
29 topic that seriously myself, but important enough to reflect about.
30
31 Finally I really stay in one single thread tody, that I started and
32 that has a lot of response. Everybody has the freedom to ignore this
33 single thread and should not be bothered about. If that is not
34 possible -> see my theses.
35
36 Al