From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoos community communication rant
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 16:57:33
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 18:48 on Tuesday 07 September 2010, Al did
2 opine thusly:
3
4 > > I'm afraid you lost me there. Why does it matter where the archive is?
5 >
6 > Sure, it is most important to have an archive at all. When using a
7 > newsreader the minimun I do is to scan the headers of the past, to
8 > avoid the discussion of a solved question. That is faster then
9 > openenig a webbrowser to search an archive. When subscribing to a
10 > mailinglist, I don't even know the topics of yesterday.
11 >
12 > Al
15 Dude,
16
17 Do you comprehend the simplicity of what folk here are telling you?
18
19 We do not have a news service because we[1] do not feel we need one and do not
20 desire one. Therefore it is *highly* unlikely there will be one. You can use
21 gmane. 'kthanxforplayingbye
22
23 Hardly anyone here is listening to you or taking you seriously, and here's
24 why:
25
26 You are self-confessed new to Linux and Volker already spotted by are likely
27 new to Linux as well. You are not (yet) part of this community for real, and
28 you have no street cred in this meritocracy. What you need to do now is
29
30 - build up a posting history
31 - to do that you need experience
32 - to do that you need to ask and listen
33 - then help others in turn
34
35 I've been here for 4 years. I'm one of the conceited loud-mouths and I still
36 get myself regularly bitch-slapped by people who are just as good as I am.
37 From that position, I actually feel quite personally offended by your
38 attitude. I've earned some of my attitude stripes. You have yet to begin.
41 [1] In this context, "we" shall be understood to mean "the majority, by common
42 consensus"
43 --
44 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com