From: "Arttu V." <arttuv69@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoos community communication rant
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 17:45:57
1 On 9/7/10, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > We do not have a news service because we[1] do not feel we need one and do
3 > not desire one.
4
5 I thought it's because this is the Gentoo *users'* list, not the dev list? :)
6
7 It doesn't matter whether we want it or not -- we users couldn't do
8 much about an Official Gentoo nntp-server even if we wanted to. That
9 requires (infra) dev access. Ergo, a user would most likely proceed by
10 filing a bug report / feature request -- just like was suggested quite
11 early on in the thread.
14 Arttu V. -- Running Gentoo is like running with scissors