From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoos community communication rant
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 18:22:07
1 Arttu V. wrote:
2 > On 9/7/10, Alan McKinnon<alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> We do not have a news service because we[1] do not feel we need one and do
5 >> not desire one.
6 >>
7 > I thought it's because this is the Gentoo *users'* list, not the dev list? :)
8 >
9 > It doesn't matter whether we want it or not -- we users couldn't do
10 > much about an Official Gentoo nntp-server even if we wanted to. That
11 > requires (infra) dev access. Ergo, a user would most likely proceed by
12 > filing a bug report / feature request -- just like was suggested quite
13 > early on in the thread.
17 And I bet if a bug / feature request were filed, it would be closed as
18 "ain't going to happen." I know that doesn't exist but they may make
19 that available for just this one purpose. I think Gentoo has more than
20 enough communication methods already. Forums, the docs and a LOT of
21 mailing lists. One more way is not going to help anything. If a person
22 can't find a answer, either they ain't looking or it hasn't happened yet.
23
24 Dale
25