From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Decoding / encoding mp3 files
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 14:42:51
1 On Saturday 02 September 2006 03:53, darren kirby wrote:
2 > quoth the Hemmann, Volker Armin:
3 > > On Friday 01 September 2006 21:23, darren kirby wrote:
4 > > > "Hardly bearable"? Maybe if you have the ears of a dog. If you start
5 > > > with a decent bitrate in the first place (128+) I don't see a
6 > > > difference with naked ears at all.
7 > >
8 > > I hear the fine high pitch sound of TVs and I hear the fine high noise of
9 > > marten repellants. So yes, I have the ears of a dog.
10 >
11 > Wow, that's really something. Maybe it was all the heavy-metal concerts I
12 > went to when I was young that broke my ears ;)
13 >
14 > I don't know whether to feel happy or sad for you. Do you find it is
15 > generally good to have super-hearing or generally bad? I am not trying to
16 > be an ass, I am genuinely curious...
19 when my neighbour installed his new repellant, I was very annoyed... and not
20 be able to sleep, because someone watches TV is not great either.
21
22 So a lot of times it was not great to be able to hear high frequencies.
23 Sometimes it is great (think organ concert in church with great accustics
24 etc, think sister watches tv when she shouldn't). but sometimes it is close
25 to painfull.
26
27 Luckily (?) it goes away when you get older... and I don't hear them as loud
28 as 5 or 10 years ago. Nowadays it is ok. I still hear them, but they are not
29 annoying anymore.
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list