From: darren kirby <bulliver@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Decoding / encoding mp3 files
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 03:41:56
1 quoth the Hemmann, Volker Armin:
2 > On Friday 01 September 2006 21:23, darren kirby wrote:
3 > > "Hardly bearable"? Maybe if you have the ears of a dog. If you start with
4 > > a decent bitrate in the first place (128+) I don't see a difference with
5 > > naked ears at all.
6 >
7 > I hear the fine high pitch sound of TVs and I hear the fine high noise of
8 > marten repellants. So yes, I have the ears of a dog.
9
10 Wow, that's really something. Maybe it was all the heavy-metal concerts I went
11 to when I was young that broke my ears ;)
12
13 I don't know whether to feel happy or sad for you. Do you find it is generally
14 good to have super-hearing or generally bad? I am not trying to be an ass, I
15 am genuinely curious...
16
17 -d
18 --
19 darren kirby :: Part of the problem since 1976 :: http://badcomputer.org
20 "...the number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected..."
21 - Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, June 1972