From: Jan-Hendrik Zab <xaero@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't login with a normal user
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 20:21:02
1 On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 14:30:39 -0500
2 "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > My locally installed man page doesn't provide any other explanations for that
5 > return code, so I'm still betting it's one of those things. However, someone
6 > more skilled than I might be able to spend some time digging through libc
7 > and/or the kernel to determine an alternative cause.
8
9 Well, you win...
10 I looked at least once at `ls -ld /*' and saw nothing out of the
11 ordinary. Then, I just checked again and there it was, /lib64 had the
12 permission '000'. Guess I should've checked more thorough, especially
13 when you mentioned path_resolution(2), sorry.
14
15 But at last everything works again, thanks everyone!
16
17 Jan-Hendrik Zab
18 --
19 | Jan-Hendrik Zab