From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't login with a normal user
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 19:36:36
1 On Tuesday 19 June 2007 14:03:20 Jan-Hendrik Zab wrote:
2 > I really dislike this problem :D
3
4 /me agrees.
5
6 My locally installed man page doesn't provide any other explanations for that
7 return code, so I'm still betting it's one of those things. However, someone
8 more skilled than I might be able to spend some time digging through libc
9 and/or the kernel to determine an alternative cause.
10
11 Does you dmesg show any kernel faults/backtraces? Sometimes they can muck up
12 things enough to cause "weird errors" but not enough to crash the system. If
13 so, I'd recommend capturing it and rebooting. Then, report the fault as a
14 bug.
17 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
18 bss03@××××××××××.net ((_/)o o(\_))
19 ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy `-'(. .)`-'
20 http://iguanasuicide.org/ \_/