From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel panic - not syncing: No working init found.
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2020 18:11:01
1 On 3 June 2020 18:52:59 CEST, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2 >On 06/03/2020 10:31 AM, Dale wrote:
3 >> thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
4 >>> When I try to boot I'm getting an error:
5 >>>
6 >>> "Kernel panic - not syncing: No working init found. Try passing
7 >init=
8 >>> option to kernel."
9 >>>
10 >>> I am running very low on disk space, I think.
11 >>> I've tried to boot strap the system and remove some files but boot
12 >strap
13 >>> is not working. When I boot from minimal-install gentoo CD I try:
14 >>>
15 >>> swapon /dev/sda3
16 >>> swapon: /dev/sda3: read swap header failed: Input/output error
17 >>>
18 >>> Any solution?
19 >>>
22 >> Are you sure you are pointing to the right partition for /, root?
23 >> That's one common reason for that error.
24 >>
25 >> Dale
26 >>
27 >> :-)  :-)
28 >
29 >I'm sure, here is my backup fstab from this system:
30 >
31 >/dev/sda2 /boot ext2 noauto,noatime 1 2
32 >/dev/sda3 none swap sw
33 >0 0
34 >/dev/sda4 / ext4 noatime 0 1
35 >/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom auto noauto,user
36 >0 0
37 >
38 >Sometimes the system boot but most of the time it doesn't. So I was
39 >trying to "bootstrap" it to clean up some files.
40 >
41 >--
42 >Thelma
43
44 What exactly do you mean with "bootstrap"?
47 Joost
48 --
49 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.