From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel panic - not syncing: No working init found.
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2020 16:53:11
1 On 06/03/2020 10:31 AM, Dale wrote:
2 > thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
3 >> When I try to boot I'm getting an error:
4 >>
5 >> "Kernel panic - not syncing: No working init found. Try passing init=
6 >> option to kernel."
7 >>
8 >> I am running very low on disk space, I think.
9 >> I've tried to boot strap the system and remove some files but boot strap
10 >> is not working. When I boot from minimal-install gentoo CD I try:
11 >>
12 >> swapon /dev/sda3
13 >> swapon: /dev/sda3: read swap header failed: Input/output error
14 >>
15 >> Any solution?
19 > Are you sure you are pointing to the right partition for /, root?
20 > That's one common reason for that error.
21 >
22 > Dale
23 >
24 > :-)  :-)
25
26 I'm sure, here is my backup fstab from this system:
27
28 /dev/sda2 /boot ext2 noauto,noatime 1 2
29 /dev/sda3 none swap sw 0 0
30 /dev/sda4 / ext4 noatime 0 1
31 /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom auto noauto,user 0 0
32
33 Sometimes the system boot but most of the time it doesn't. So I was
34 trying to "bootstrap" it to clean up some files.
37 Thelma