From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems getting systemd to work
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 16:37:31
1 On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 11:31 AM, <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 [snip]
3 > OK, I will try dracut,
4
5 I hope it works with dracut. This is my kernel command line and
6 RAID/LVM related stuff from GRUB2:
7
8 GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="init=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd quiet nosplash"
9 GRUB_PRELOAD_MODULES="lvm mdraid1x"
10
11 And this is my dracut.conf (minus comments):
12
13 add_dracutmodules+="crypt lvm mdraid systemd"
14 add_drivers+="autofs4 ipv6 dm-crypt aes sha256"
15 fscks="umount mount /sbin/fsck* e2fsck"
16
17 That's it. I didn't touched anything else to make dracut+systemd work
18 with LVM and RAID (and LUKS, but that doesn't matter).
19
20 Also, dracut comes with extensive and very clear documentation; check
21 the man pages included.
22
23 > but I still want to know what systemd is doing,
24 > what processes its spawning, etc. -- how can I find this out -- I
25 > thought to use the confirm_spawn, but it times out and keeps going, what
26 > can I do instead?
27
28 You can use bootchart:
29
30 man 1 systemd-bootchart
31
32 It will produce a chart with all the processes, and how long it takes
33 for every one of them. But remember, the order depends on which one
34 finishes before, and that can change from boot to boot.
35
36 > Thanks people for all your responses, this is a great list.
37
38 Regards.
39 --
40 Canek Peláez Valdés
41 Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias