From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems getting systemd to work
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 16:52:14
1 Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 11:31 AM, <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 > [snip]
5 > > OK, I will try dracut,
6 >
7 > I hope it works with dracut. This is my kernel command line and
8 > RAID/LVM related stuff from GRUB2:
9 >
10 > GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="init=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd quiet nosplash"
11 > GRUB_PRELOAD_MODULES="lvm mdraid1x"
12 >
13 > And this is my dracut.conf (minus comments):
14 >
15 > add_dracutmodules+="crypt lvm mdraid systemd"
16 > add_drivers+="autofs4 ipv6 dm-crypt aes sha256"
17 > fscks="umount mount /sbin/fsck* e2fsck"
18 >
19 > That's it. I didn't touched anything else to make dracut+systemd work
20 > with LVM and RAID (and LUKS, but that doesn't matter).
21 >
22 > Also, dracut comes with extensive and very clear documentation; check
23 > the man pages included.
24 >
25 > > but I still want to know what systemd is doing,
26 > > what processes its spawning, etc. -- how can I find this out -- I
27 > > thought to use the confirm_spawn, but it times out and keeps going, what
28 > > can I do instead?
29 >
30 > You can use bootchart:
31 >
32 > man 1 systemd-bootchart
33 >
34 > It will produce a chart with all the processes, and how long it takes
35 > for every one of them. But remember, the order depends on which one
36 > finishes before, and that can change from boot to boot.
37 >
38 > > Thanks people for all your responses, this is a great list.
39 >
40 > Regards.
41 > --
42 > Canek Peláez Valdés
43 > Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias
44
45 Well, since I am unable to see, the graph would not do me any good, any
46 way to get it in text form? What I want to see (and I know the order
47 may change) is which starts first and so on, to make sure targets,
48 etc. do what I want them to do.
52 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
53 How do
54 you spend it?
55
56 John Covici