From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems getting systemd to work
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 17:02:16
1 On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 11:52 AM, <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 11:31 AM, <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 >> [snip]
6 >> > OK, I will try dracut,
7 >>
8 >> I hope it works with dracut. This is my kernel command line and
9 >> RAID/LVM related stuff from GRUB2:
10 >>
11 >> GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="init=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd quiet nosplash"
12 >> GRUB_PRELOAD_MODULES="lvm mdraid1x"
13 >>
14 >> And this is my dracut.conf (minus comments):
15 >>
16 >> add_dracutmodules+="crypt lvm mdraid systemd"
17 >> add_drivers+="autofs4 ipv6 dm-crypt aes sha256"
18 >> fscks="umount mount /sbin/fsck* e2fsck"
19 >>
20 >> That's it. I didn't touched anything else to make dracut+systemd work
21 >> with LVM and RAID (and LUKS, but that doesn't matter).
22 >>
23 >> Also, dracut comes with extensive and very clear documentation; check
24 >> the man pages included.
25 >>
26 >> > but I still want to know what systemd is doing,
27 >> > what processes its spawning, etc. -- how can I find this out -- I
28 >> > thought to use the confirm_spawn, but it times out and keeps going, what
29 >> > can I do instead?
30 >>
31 >> You can use bootchart:
32 >>
33 >> man 1 systemd-bootchart
34 >>
35 >> It will produce a chart with all the processes, and how long it takes
36 >> for every one of them. But remember, the order depends on which one
37 >> finishes before, and that can change from boot to boot.
38 >>
39 >> > Thanks people for all your responses, this is a great list.
40 >>
41 >> Regards.
42 >> --
43 >> Canek Peláez Valdés
44 >> Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias
45 >
46 > Well, since I am unable to see, the graph would not do me any good, any
47 > way to get it in text form? What I want to see (and I know the order
48 > may change) is which starts first and so on, to make sure targets,
49 > etc. do what I want them to do.
50
51 Try adding this to your kernel command line:
52 systemd.log_target=console systemd.log_level=debug. It will add a lot
53 of output, including what is being executed.
54
55 Everything is documented in the man page: man 1 systemd.
56
57 Regards.
58 --
59 Canek Peláez Valdés
60 Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias