From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Flash player
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 23:04:13
1 On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 06:40:18PM -0400, Daniel D Jones wrote:
2 > As shown, I have Flash Player 10 installed. (I unmasked and upgraded to the
3 > installed version in an effort to fix this issue.) On multiple sites, however,
4 > using Firefox, I get the following message or similar:
5 >
6 > Sorry, the Flash Player version you are using is not supported by HBO.com
7 >
8 > It appears you are currently using Flash Player 9.0.115 and this site supports
9 > version 9.0.124 and up. In order to continue, please upgrade your Flash
10 > Player.
13 > The same page will work in Opera. Firefox is installed via the firefox-bin
14 > package rather than the source package. Fixes or suggestions for avenues of
15 > investigation would be greatly appreciated.
16
17 Is there another copy of flash installed 'locally'? As in your home
18 directory? Check ~/.mozilla for a plugins subdirectory to see.
19
20 Cheers,
21 W
22 --
23 Willie W. Wong wwong@××××××××××××××.edu
24 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
25 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton