From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: disable syanptics pad
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 15:06:53
1 Saphirus Sage <saphirus497 <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > > Any ideas how to disable the synaptics pad?
5
6 > I'm not entirely sure that's a proper way to disable the synaptics pad,
7 > as you don't seem to have removed xorg's ability to load the driver. I'd
8 > suggest just #'ing out the whole InputDevice section relating to the
9 > synaptics pad, and running emerge -C synaptics or emerge -C
10 > xf86-input-synaptics, depending on which driver you're using. That
11 > should completely remove your ability to use the synaptic touch pad.
12
13 Hmmmm,
16 Nothing with the word "synaptics" (or either of the packages you mentioned)
17 is installed.
20 I do have a left over, bloated xorg file, so I'll first just delete
21 the line with the (#) symbol, but, I thought that was the way to
22 deactivate entries. Looking in xorg.conf.examples did not reveal
23 any sort of useful infor
26 Maybe somebody could post a minimal xorg.conf, or a url to some examples?
27
28 One additional bit of information. The synaptics pad, when touched, makes
29 the mouse(cursor) go crazy in a radom-noise-movement sort of pattern.
30 When I stop touching the synaptics pad and use the external usb mouse,
31 cursor movement becomes normal as expected.
34 ideas?
37 James