From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Searching something like a merge between gnu-screen and cutecom...
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 15:41:53
1 Hi,
2
3 this is complicate for me to explain...let' try it nvertheless ;)
4
5 I am experimenting with FORTH (punyforth) on an ESP8266.
6 FORTH has a REPL, which -- especially in the beginning -- is
7 very helpful to try things out.
8
9 With cutecom I can connect to the ESP8266 and get a response.
10 Unfortunately - in this particular case - cutecom separates the
11 input line from what the ESP8266 i sending back.
12
13 With Arduino devices I had no problem to do the same thing with
14 gnu-screen like this
15
16 screen /dev/ttyUSB1 115200
17
18 ...with the ESP8266 (using the same baudrate as with cutecom
19 before) the cursor get glued in the upper left corner.
20 Hitting a key, CTRL-D. CTRL-C, <RETURN> and other obvious
21 candidates does not help. The only waty out is killall.
22
23 Now I am in search of a "real terminal"-like thing, which
24 allows me to interactively connect to the ESP8266 while
25 maintaining the chronological sequence of my inputs and
26 the returns of the ESP8266.
27
28 I tried minicom, but I always dislike the way that beast
29 is configured,
30
31 Is there anything reliable available...may be even without a gui?
32
33 Thanks fpr any help in advance!
34 Cheers
35 Meino